Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar and Printables


I love Christmas and everything about it.
I remember one year as a kid we had a candle with the numbers 1-25 on it and each night we burned it while we read a few verses from the Christmas Story.

So for a Christmas lesson I gave this year I decided to make just that.

 For this lesson each girl was given a Christmas Scripture Count Down,
a type of Christmas Advent Calendar, including a Candle, a Jar of Hershey Kisses, and list of Scriptures. 
 Each night they were to light the candle, savor a Hershey Kiss, and read the day's designated verses.
The scriptures chosen tell the story of Christ's Birth.

I also made a Printable Scripture Paper Chain. No candle needed.
Just tear off a link each day and read the scripture listed.

Printables Below.

There are some great tutorials for printing on candles here and here.
But, my printer jammed up each time I tried to print on the "tissue paper taped to regular paper"
since I was on a time crunch I didn't end up printing on my candles.


 So here are the printables.
Click to Enlarge:
The first two are 8.5" x 11"

Count Down of Scriptures from the Bible:
 Count Down of Scriptures from the Bible & Book of Mormon:

Four to a Page:

Paper Chain Printables:





6 comments:

  1. I love reading your articles.. they are very interesting..
    Regards,
    Primary Schools In Pune

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these printables! i think we're gonna do something like this too, but in there, will feature some good short Christmas poems, of my favorite authors.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a great resource!! We wondered though how 1 ne 13:18 dec 5 fits in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came across the same question and I think she meant it to be 1 Nephi 11:13-18.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, printing now at my local printer!!! I'm giving it and a candle and candle holder to my friends.
    I found this on Pinterest. It's a family tradition of ours as well, only we did Jesus stories. I figure verses will hold attention of my littles easier :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...